Tuesday 2 December 2008

A Review of Online Storefront

Not too long ago I got an online storefront builder with shopping cart. I needed it to improve my importing business. Last decade we were one of the leading companies dealing with imports from Afghanistan, but due to lack of modern technology we were put behind and lost shares in this industry. It took us some time to realize what the reason to lose all kinds of business was. Our products were on display at our website, there were also prices, descriptions and all the details. There was also a phone number where orders could be placed. We really didn't know what we were doing wrong. But the problem turned out to be a simple one. There was one thing we didn't have but should have had.

We lacked online storefront with a shopping cart included. Our customers were not able to buy online and this was a mistake. Obviously, everyone is so much into shopping online that we even lost some of our longtime clients for that. The online storefront was not very hard to set up and plug in. I am not much into computers but I had to handle the setup myself as we don't have a fully employed web designer. But it turned out to be quite easy and everything worked flawlessly. To be honest, I was very surprised how well the online storefront worked. But I think we have a small problem there. The online storefront page differs greatly from the rest of the website.

I know what really matters is that with it people can purchase products online but still something has to be done. I don't want to take any more chances and after I survived the loss of business, I am determined to do anything it takes to make it all look good and professional. I am not sure what the best solution to the online storefront riddle is, but I guess hiring a new web designer would be a good idea. Most of the business is run by my brother, my self and a few employees, so I am quite indecisive when it comes to opening new positions. We have our own approach to business and knowing how difficult it is to find people you can work with, it gets a bit complicated. However, no matter what, I have every determination to fix the online storefront one way or the other.

Morgan Hamilton offers expert advice and great tips regarding all aspects concerning consumer guide. Learn more at Online Storefront

No comments: